15 Jul Literally 37 things you can do to “crushify” your brand this weekend
1. Plan out a brand photoshoot. It doesn’t have to take place now, but use this checklist from Heidi Haponowski to get started.
2. Do the “Authenticity gut check”. Are you staying true to yourself and your message? If it’s feeling kind of off, then it’s time to make a shift that you 100% resonate with.
3. Do a product audit. What is and isn’t selling? Are people asking you for something that you don’t sell? It might be time to create something new or revamp something old.
4. Narrow in on your audience. Think your audience is narrowed? Narrow a little more. Stop trying to be everything to everyone, that way you can really shine as the expert.
5. Create a tagline that makes sense. But make sure it still has a little personality in it.
6. Create some social media templates. So that all of your social media posts are pretty and recognizable. Not a graphics pro? Check out Creative Market.
7. Establish a consistent font and color palette for your brand. So everything doesn’t look all over the place.
8. Visit your website. Use it like a visitor would. Is it old and outdated? Don’t even have one? Let’s talk girl.
9. Develop a brand creative concept. The creative concept for my brand is based on my love of all things luxe. People know me as the girl who’s obsessed with glitter. What’s yours?
10. Take my brand quiz. And apply your results.
11. Or create a quiz of your own. If you do it right, your audience will love you for it. I show you how here.
12. Pre-write some awesome Facebook posts to share. If you don’t know where to start check out Kristina Norman’s awesome guide.
13. Brainstorm what your unique selling proposition is. It pays to be different, so what makes buying from you different than the rest?
14. Get some Girlboss inspiration. Pauleanna Reid does it for me every time.
15. Create an AMAZING freebie. Make it solely based on one topic, make it some of your best stuff and don’t hold anything back
16. Create a Brand Manifesto. Make it full of what you’re brand stands for.
17. Get relatable. People buy from people they feel like they know. If you have the boring corporate wall up, time to take it down immediately.
18. Make a list of brand words. When you talk about your brand and what you’ll sell, you’ll be able to paint a better picture.
19. Get a branded email. Because email@example.com just isn’t as good as firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. Start blogging. Or making videos or live streaming or instagramming. Point is, do something to start sharing content regularly.
21. Decide how you want your audience to feel. Narrow it down to 2-3 super specific feelings and make sure everything you do makes them feel that way.
22. Enroll in Brand Charm School. Seriously, your brand will thank you for it.
23. Create a brand style guide. All Crushworthy brands have one. Watch this video on how to here.
24. Stop being a clone. I say it with love. Don’t be THAT person.
25. Write down all the reasons why you’re an expert. Sometimes you just have to remind yourself.
26. Start an ad budget. Even if it’s $5 a day. All legit businesses have an ad budget. Just because yours is online doesn’t make it any different.
27. Talk to someone about your business. Not to sell anything to them but to practice being proud of what you do and what you offer.
28. Stop making your business a hobby. Who wants to buy from a hobby business? Start taking your business seriously.
29. Write out the benefits of your product. I mean everything thing that your customer will achieve from buying from you. NOT the features!
30. Listen to this Ted Talk. Again, your brand will thank you.
31. Give your tribe a name. Giving your tribe a name makes you feel apart of something. Beyonce’s tribe is called the Beyhive. Create your own Beyhive.
32. Let your audience in on a secret. When you tell me a secret, I’m invested in you. I feel like I know personally and I’m way more likely to buy because of your openness.
33. Get some visual inspiration. My favorites are Pinterest, Behance and going outside.
34. Finish. I know you have something you’re procrastinating on. Either let it go, or finish it once and for all.
35. Create a ‘Now what’ strategy. This is what happens after someone buys from you. What do you after to make sure they have an excellent customer experience?
36. Make a client/customer checklist. This checklist should include the requirements that you have for someone to purchase from you. Crushworthy brands don’t just work with everyone.
37. Repeat after me: My brand is awesome. My brand is profitable. My brand is absolutely Crushworthy!